Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Poems: BROOKLYN BOY, PRIVATE JOHNSON, BEARS

BROOKLYN BOY

for Avraham Arkadiy

Off I go to spend a year
at yeshiva--Machon Meir.
Their propoganda I will resist;
I won't become a Zionist.
I'll stay the way that HASHEM made me:
a Brooklyner and a Haredi.


PRIVATE JOHNSON

Private Johnson wanted to bring back
a souvenir from his service in Iraq,
so he, being a lad of taste and class,
had Bush's face tattooed upon his ass.
And when he dropped his pants to take a shit,
we all could see he was a patriot.


BEARS

When bears are trying to hibernate,
that's when spelunkers infiltrate.
They throw loud parties, wake the bears,
and if the bears complain--who cares?

But if just one spelunker's mauled,
a statewide bear alert is called,
and all the bears are shot on sight.
It isn't fair; it isn't right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home